The Expert Checklist
Here at CM Enterprises we take great pride in making sure your purchase meets your expectation. Therefore we recommend you have all the proper materials for your tile installation.
Below is a list of items with descriptions of the products that are needed for installation. If you would like more information concerning the product, installation, or any technical specifications we have attached the links to each manufacturer at the bottom of this page. Please feel free to contact our showroom at (575)523-2777 to speak to one of our sales representative for more information.
Thinset (Tile Adhesives)
705 Proset Plus
- A professional-grade, single-component, polymer-modified thinset mortar for most interior and exterior installations of ceramic, porcelain and dimensional natural-stone tile. Innovative DUSTLESS Technology (DLT) produces significantly less dust than ordinary thinsets, promoting cleaner working conditions and reduced mess. This mortar contains a blend of dry polymers, resulting in strong adhesion to the substrate and tile. It can be used in most residential and commercial floor and wall applications.
735 Premium Flex
- A superior-grade, polymer-modified, multipurpose Portland cement thin set mortar offering flexibility, greater bond strength, and extended adjustability and open times. This mortar contains a high blend of dry polymers resulting in excellent adhesion to the substrate and tile.It can be used for both interior and exterior installations of tile in most residential and commercial floor and wall applications.
- A superior-grade, single-component, non-sag, non-slip lightweight polymer-modified mortar for interior and exterior setting of large and heavy tile and natural stone. Its 30-lb. bag provides the same coverage as a typical 50- lb. bag of mortar. 820 DUSTLESS Merlite may be applied from 3/32” to 3/4” (2.4 mm to 19 mm) thickness for greater support under large and heavy tiles and stone. It is optimal for both interior and exterior installations of tile in most residential and commercial floor and wall applications.
- A superior-grade, single-component, non-sag, non-slip, polymer-modified mortar for interior and exterior setting of large and heavy tile and natural stone, and gauged porcelain tile (GPT). The premium tile adhesive may be applied up to 3/4” (19 mm) thickness providing better support under large and heavy tiles and stone
720 Rapid Set
- A premium-grade, rapid-setting, polymer-modified Portland cement medium bed mortar for installing porcelain, ceramic tile and natural stone. It is ideal for large format, ceramic, gauged porcelain and irregular-thickness stone tile installations.
Duracolor Sanded Grout
- Duracolor Sanded Grout is a premium-grade, pre-blended, polymer-modified Portland cement tile grout requiring only the addition of water for mixing. It grouts joints from 1 /8″ to 1/2″ (3 mm to 13 mm) providing color-consistent, hard and durable grout joints.
Duracolor Non Sanded Grout
- Duracolor Non-Sanded Grout is a premium-grade, pre-blended, polymer-modified Portland cement tile grout requiring only the addition of water for mixing. It grouts joints from 1⁄16″ to 1⁄8″ (1.5 mm to 3 mm) providing color-consistent, hard and durable grout joints.
- Merkrete Colored Caulking is an exceptional one-part, siliconized, acrylic-based caulking compound that is mold and mildew resistant. Special chemicals added during manufacturing greatly improve the workability, curing, flexural strength and resistance to a broad spectrum of fungal, algae and bacterial degradation. Colored Caulking is available in a sanded and smooth (non-sanded) formulation in all Merkrete Color Grout colors.
The use of lightweight polystyrene beads within the Portland cement core to provide performance benefits unique to the PermaBASE family of products.
• The use of polystyrene aggregate makes PermaBASE
products significantly lighter and easy to cut.
• The beads also contribute to the industry’s lowest water absorption, preventing the adhering mortar from drying prematurely.
The boards come in a 3′ X 5′ board with the option of 1/2 or 1/4 thickness.
- Merkrete Hydro Guard 1 is a thin, load-bearing membrane composed of a modified elastomeric copolymer. With excellent elongation properties and remarkable strength, Hydro Guard 1 provides a 100% waterproof membrane coating while inhibiting the transfer of substrate cracks to the finished overlay. The membrane is installed in a liquid state and can be applied to practically any form or irregular shape (e.g., base flashings, parapets, walls, etc.).
Hydro Guard Mesh (Reinforcing Fabric)
- Merkrete Reinforcing Fabric is a durable, flexible, nonwoven, polyester engineered type II fabric for optional use with Merkrete Hydro Guard products when installed under ceramic tile or stone on residential and commercial interior applications to reinforce liquid waterproof membranes. Reinforcing Fabric is ideal for use over areas such as cracks, coves, corners, and areas around drains when used with Merkrete Hydro Guard products. It is easily cut to size with scissors or a razor knife, and smoothly incorporated in the liquid membrane.
Shower Pan Liner
Blue PVC Shower Pan Sheet Membrane for waterproofing under thick-bed tile installations. Available in 5 & 6 foot widths.
Sponges / Grout Sealer
This super soft sponge is great for cleaning in all areas, thinset, grout, great on all surfaces. Will not scratch even the softest of materials.
Grout Bomb adds an integrated sealer into Portland Cement Grouts before application, no need to seal later.Grout Bomb® reduces mottling, dust, and increases repellency and stain protection for added reaction.